Friday, January 1, 2010

31 Days of Africa: A Few Disclaimers Before We Start

I'm really no different than you - just a kid who is trying to figure out what is going on in Africa. Trying to figure out how so beautiful a continent became so troubled, trying to figure out where my place is in all of it.

That said, this blog shouldn't be your sole source of information about Africa. I'm guaranteed to make mistakes, misinterpret evidence, omit citations, and let my own feelings get in the way of objectivity. If you're expecting college-style essays with peer-reviewed sources, you will be sorely disappointed. I really just want this blog to be a jumping-off point for all of us - something to highlight our misconceptions and ignorance and push us into a better understanding of our African brothers and sisters.

It is in that understanding that compassion can be fostered, passions can be ignited, and change can occur.

Thanks for taking the journey with me, friends.

No comments: